Friday 2 May 2014

Capital Translations is coming!

After three years as an in-house translator, I'll be starting my own translation business in the summer: Capital Translations.

I’ve been working at a translation company in the north-east of England since graduating, most recently as a senior translator also managing the team of around a dozen linguists.

I’ve felt incredibly privileged to have been able to hold these roles. In-house translation positions, particularly in the UK, are rather hard to come by. And I believe they prepare a translator for the real world. Not just by having translations reviewed by more experienced professionals, but because working closely with project managers and suppliers is a real eye-opener when it comes to how the industry operates.

So, this will be the last post I make as lloydtranslates – the name I’ve been using for my blog and Twitter activity for the past 18 months, which will sadly cease to exist from this Monday 5th May, when the new brand will be fully launched, just 3 days away!

That means that this weekend you will start to see a new logo, a new website, new Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn accounts, and of course a new business name – Capital Translations – which I will be running from Cardiff and will officially start operating on Monday 4th August. 

The website will launch this Monday 5th May, and next week I will be publishing a post each day on the new website explaining what’s behind the name, the logo and indeed the entire brand.




I am really excited to join my freelance colleagues and hope to interact and work with you a lot more closely in the future!

Have a great bank holiday weekend, and keep your eyes open this weekend, particularly Monday 5th May, for the new Capital Translations brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment