Friday 6 December 2013

How Many Things You Love Can You Share in 10 Minutes?

As a post inspired by Inbox Translation's idea, in turn inspired by Olga Arakelyan’s post, let’s see how many things I love that I can list in 10 minutes.
  • Languages - well, that's a no brainer
  • Mexican food
  • Pretzels - German style...the big, doughy ones you can buy at a market for €1
  • Big cities - I always feel inspired and motivated by the hustle and bustle of urban life
  • Travelling by metro/tram - I love being able to get around a gridlocked city in no time
  • Cats - I'm a cat person. Yes, they may be selfish, but they make you earn their affection at least
  • Meeting colleagues - I love getting to know other translators and linguists
  • Toulouse - Where I worked for nine months. La Ville Rose will always have a special place in my heart
  • Munich - Specifically Englischer Garten, a lush green paradise at the heart of Germany's third city
  • Cardiff - My home town, of course, but the atmosphere is fantastic when there's an international sport or cultural event on in the city centre, which is every weekend
  • Flying - Whether it's BA or Ryanair, it's still special when you travel by air
  • Being helpful - Call me a people-pleaser, but I do selfishly enjoy helping others for whatever reason and appreciate it when others do the same
  • Newcastle - my adopted home town and an underrated architectural gem in my opinion
  • My fiancĂ©e!
  • Warm Spanish evenings
  • Badminton - I'm not too great at it, but it's great exercise and brings out my competitive edge
  • Snow - I may be in my twenties, but it's still magical!
  • Did I mention translation?
Tag, you're it! Your turn to name as many things you love as you can in 10 minutes!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for accepting the challenge, Lloyd! Lovely to read about the things you like and to know you better. Yes, I am not surprised that you love languages and translation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Lloyd! Yeah, languages and translation are kind of obvious, but that's what we live and breathe. Yay, another cat person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lloyd! Nice list :) I just wanted to mention that travelling by metro, flying and big cities are also some of my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete