Saturday 9 June 2012

The latest news from Language Man

With Eurovision over for another year, the blog has suddenly gone quiet, but I assure you I have been occupied with other matters.

I have just spent a lovely, albeit wet, week in Edinburgh, having gone with my girlfriend and returned with my fiancĂ©e, who are one person by the way.

The Les aventures toulousaines series has unfortunately concluded after eight weeks, but in case you missed it, I have been working on a summary of the year which will shortly be published on ThirdYearAbroad.com.

I am also working on a lengthy guest post for Lingua Greca's blog which questions whether we have respect for our languages, examining English, French, German and Spanish.

Following that I will be examining the value and necessity of a Master's in translation, looking at case studies of experienced translators with and without the qualification.

With all this to look forward to, who needs a hot British summer?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement Lloyd!! Edinburgh is definitely a great city for such occasions, it was part of our honeymoon too :)
    I look forward to reading your post(s) about the Master's in translation. I don't have one, wanted to get one for many years and sometimes I still think about it...

    ReplyDelete